Renny's Game Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digger's AD&D

+2
rogartheranger
Digger
6 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Digger's AD&D - Page 4 Empty Re: Digger's AD&D

Post by Renny 24th August 2010, 08:07

Ok folks, please post your availability or otherwise here for the 31st. I will be unable to attend, unfortunately.
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name: Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by rogartheranger 25th August 2010, 05:41

I can confirm my attendence for the next AD&D session on Tuesday 31st.
rogartheranger
rogartheranger
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 2nd September 2010, 22:53

So, nothing to say about Tuesday night then? I thought there was going to be a new player? Did the game happen at all. Tap...tap...anybody?
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger 2nd September 2010, 23:01

A new character has started, his name is Drak!

Steve B's Canon Foddor has retired.

D.

Sorry - Very Busy!
Digger
Digger
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 2nd September 2010, 23:16

Ah, so new character rather than new player. Gotcha.
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by rogartheranger 3rd September 2010, 08:40

In addition to our new party member, we also managed to catch ourselves a T-Rex from the swamps near Sunhelm (which incidentally is now run by a bloodcult)!! And when I say 'T-Rex' Im not referring to a dinoasaur egg, a baby T-Rex, or some arthritic OAP T-Rex - but a FULL SIZED in its prime Tyrannosaurus Rex!!

Even more impressively despite forking out 1000gp on a large wagon and chains, to contain our quarry (which incidentally got stolen from us a few days later) - in the end we needn't have bothered as Rogar was able to use his rangerly-ways to locate the T-Rex and then befriend the dinosaur using the Priest-spell - 'Animal Friendship' - which he then persuaded to accompany him back to Razcan. Before long, 'Rex' and Rogar had become the best of companions and Rogar took much delight at being able to teach his new pet some new tricks such as, Sit, Stay, and KILL!! The only slight hitch with having a pet T-Rex was it's incredible appetite which meant that we were forever on the look out for food. Thankfully the oxon from some passing caravans proved to be sufficient to saite its hunger until we could reach Razcan - and boy were they surprised to see us saunter up to the City gates with the unchained T-Rex in tow!! Lol. So the good news now is that we're 10000gp richer from our endeavours and the Razcan empire now has a new T-Rex for its arena. Very Happy
rogartheranger
rogartheranger
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger 3rd September 2010, 17:07

Excellent - Succinct and to the point - bonus 2,000 xp!

D.
Digger
Digger
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 3rd September 2010, 20:02

Good job, Chris or should I call you "Rex" Very Happy
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 7th September 2010, 02:32

Check your email, everyone. The next session of AD&D has been postponed for one week until the 21st September.
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger 20th September 2010, 20:15

Gent's

Just a quick reminder that AD&D is on tomorrow night!

KR

D.
Digger
Digger
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 20th September 2010, 22:23

Awesome!
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe 22nd September 2010, 03:16

things are looking really good for me to be there

kevinrolfe
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 22nd September 2010, 18:07

Kevin made it. Huzzah!
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe 23rd September 2010, 02:16

Still got stabbed ib the back....lol

kevinrolfe
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger 23rd September 2010, 17:26

Who got stabbed in the back?

I thought everyone survived?

I await the official write up from Steve B, like Hansard! Very Happy
Digger
Digger
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe 24th September 2010, 04:39

brother armitage did, and we had the man hung

kevinrolfe
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger 24th September 2010, 17:58

A trivial matter, he got his just desserts, good job it wasn't a poisoned blade! MWahhhhhh! Twisted Evil
Digger
Digger
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe 24th September 2010, 21:40

i am just gald he was well hung after he poked me in the rear rather than before,

oh er missus

kevinrolfe
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Digger's AD&D - Page 4 Empty AD&D

Post by Digger 11th October 2010, 17:12

Gent's,

Just a quick reminder that it is AD&D tomorrow at mine!

Cheers

Digger.
Digger
Digger
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Digger's AD&D - Page 4 Empty Writeup c/o Dr. Hiss

Post by Digger 14th October 2010, 17:32

After a good nights sleep at a hostel we made our way to a local tavern for breakfast. After talking to the barman we learnt that the Storekeeper (whose men we had fought during the last session), owned all the hostels and inns in this mining town and was ruthlessly exploiting the inhabitants with his monopoly on goods and beer (the supplies for which had nearly run out). Upon learning that the storekeeper regularly came to the tavern everyday for his breakfast Kevin decided to use this opportunity to take his revenge for the earlier stabbing incident that had left him injured during our street-brawl. Persuading the Innkeeper to let him work in the kitchen, Kevin prepared a very special bowl of porridge for the storekeeper which contained a special secret ingrediant - courtesy of Rogar (I wont spoil the surprise yet.....read-on)......

Rogar and Tramarthar made themselves scarce across the street to avoid causing suspicion and waited for the Storekeeper to turn-up at the Inn for his breakfast. In due course he arrived at the Inn together with his 3 sons, and ordered his regular bowl of porridge which Kevin cooked-up for him and had delivered to his table. Listening-in to a conversation the Storekeeper was having with his sons Kevin overheard him confidently predicting our deaths in the very near future due to an ambush he had arranged with his allies near Yatem who would be lying in wait in the hills for us when we left the town. Failing to notice anything amiss with his porridge, the Storekeeper began eating his breakfast only to find himself the victim of a very nasty surprise as (failing to make his saving-throw), he found himself turning to STONE, thanks to Rogar's dust of petrification.

Kevin then emerged from the kitchen pointing an accusing finger at the shocked Storekeeper shouting "DIE!" as he transformed into a stone-statue! Believing that Kevin had just cast a spell on the Storekeeper the furious sons decided to get even and charged at him. Kevin managed to throw a table in their way, winding one of the sons, whilst diving behind the bar to avoid the other-two. Picking-up a cudgel from behind the bar, Kevin emerged to fight off two of the sons - failing to notice that the 3rd son was secretly drawing-forth a black venomous looking blade.....

Fortunately at this moment Rogar and Tramarthar arrived on the scene. Tramarthar had a cunning plan and shouted out to everyone in the Bar to stop fighting as he had a business proposition for them that would make them all very rich! Making a successful charisma role and choosing his next few words very carefully to ensure he had the brawling Sons full attention, he persuaded them to look at their father's "misfortune" as an opportunity to step out from under his shadow and start running his business as their own in a much more profitable enterprise. In return for not exploiting the inhabitants of the town we promised to provide them with a new source of booze which would be supplied to them (via our Keep in the Razcan Empire) which would be delivered to Bragg and then sold onto them at a very good price. Agreeing to our terms, the fight was called-off and we then headed-off to search the Storekeepers rooms to find out some clues as to the location of the planned ambush.

Using Rogar's skills the party managed to avoid a trapped staircase in the Storekeepers home, and also successfully defused a booby-trapped door-lock, to enter his rooms safely. Rogar then cast 'Detect Magic' which we used to find an orb of clairaudience which we deduced gave the Storekeeper a direct link to his master - the drow Calibor who we believed to be the one arranging this ambush for us in the hills (and also is the very same individual masquerading as that Elven prophet "Melathior"). We also found a detailed map of the local area showing a trading route to Yatem.

We then proceded to leave the town and began our journey to Yatem which we reckoned would take us 1 week's march. After 2 days uneventful travel, we came up with a plan to provide disinformation to the enemy. Tramarthar cast Improved Phantasmal Force to replicate the Storekeepers voice, and then used this spell to communicate via the Orb of Clairaudience. Speaking to the unsuspecting Drow we told them that the meddlesome Party were only now just leaving town and were on their way to Yatem. The voice on the other end of the orb (which incidentally sounded just like Emperor Palpatine) sounded pleased with this news and confirmed to us where the ambush would take place which we deduced from our map was 1 days march away. We then fed him false news that the Party would be due to arrive at the ambush location within 3 days time so that we could then reach the ambsuh site first and then set up a surprise of our own for our would-be attackers. Calibor confirmed that he would be despatching a group of Minotaurs and a Drow magic-user to carry out the ambush and also mentioned that his minions had not yet managed to locate the next shield-gem at Yatem which they were still searching for. The conversation ended with the 'Storekeeper' being invited to join the Drow at Yatem at his earliest convenience which we agreed to (ha ha).
Digger
Digger
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 14th October 2010, 19:24

Good write up Very Happy
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger 15th October 2010, 04:12

Very good - A suitable chocolate reward will be forthcoming! Very Happy
Digger
Digger
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe 15th October 2010, 06:35

very good write up.

kevinrolfe
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger 21st October 2010, 22:58

Gent's - The missing review from Steve B - Enjoy!

We are in Ragnard; the soft skinned ones decide to buy horses, they then stupidly to share out their gold again, leaving Bron a lesser share, approximately 1500 gold rather than the 3333 gold I retained. as my true share. Ragnard is the municipal capitalof the Razcan Empireand we decide to travel to Yazcan, the minotaur’s are rumoured to live there and have a gemstone that fits in the shield. I purchase some nice chain mail, that rustles like a sack of coins when I walk, this could be a disadvantage but it does make me feel a little safer encased in a hard outer skin at last. I keep the old leather armour, its black, and my favourite colour. I also buy a new magic shield which Tramathar identified before purchasing.
We travel north of the city towards the portal, with the hope of reaching Yazcan sooner, despite heading in the correct direction. Travelling through the portal we arrive well south of Rasgard, it’s a lot warmer down here. The elf, Tramathar decides to strew his clothes about and travel almost naked with a sheer costume of some description, though we do notice a strange tattoo on his back which he quickly covers.
The ground is some kind of salt marsh, spongy underfoot so wewalk inland to the trail which is overgrown, as if no caravans travel here. The area is a back water of the elven lands, perhaps we should travel north to Rasgard and see what is there.
Brother Armitage summons a bird but isn’t sure what he wants to do with it. The Brother learns that Crows eat carrion, especially dead rabbit, particular picking out the eyes and liver, preferably the eyes when they are slightly moist. It must be nice to fly around and eat carrion and I’m not sure which of the two were dimmer.
We reach a waypoint which has been stripped for firewood, including the roof! It offers protection from the wind but little else BrotherArmitage has some interesting theories about ogre wee, especially in keeping mosquitoes at bay, I was not sure whether he was serious or not, strange these humans are. The two humans, Rogar and the brother seem to be itchy although Brother Armitage realises he can protect himself for aonly few minutes through priestly magic and curses his own god.
Finally we arrive in Rasgard, trees, woods, sylvan lanes and meadows. Why!? It’s apparently the epitome of elven sophistication. The elves barter rather than use gold, they do however give directions to Yazcan. Rogar apparently would like an elven bow, this is apparently better than the dwarven bow he already has. Rogar tries to buy an elven bow and insults them, and then gets lectured at about a bird in the bush that they partied about.
The elves are all spaced out and mad, we decide to leave. Apparently they are always like this according to Tramathar which is a relief as they haven’t been affected by any unnatural force. We set off for Glamis, arriving at the Dwarf head is an inn at the edge of town. An elf is thrown out of the inn at our feet, Tramathar persuades him to make daisy chains for the elven guards. The barman is a northern elf, which is a slightly rougher type than the flower types. The barman says we’re in Glamis, he is called (H)unt. Criceth is a hill town, it’s a mining town, it’s a mithril mine and well guarded. Its Elven owned and they sell mithril to the dwarves there. Rasgard has just gone peace mad about a year a go. ‘uckin’ ‘anker is the leader in Rasgard and he has shut down the smithy’s there so that no weapons are produced. Yatton used to be a temple complex dedicated to a human religion. Part of the southern confederacy originally, there is legendary riches there as the temple treasuries were there. I ask them about dark elves and the inn goes silent. Rogar with a bit more subtlety finds out they are called the misplaced brothers and they are normally around Zor, they took over Helbor.

Dwarves are only allowed in Criceth, mainly because they make Mithril armour on site, probably he estimated that it would cost 50,000 gold for a mail shirt. Apparently the caravan for supplies for Criceth from Rasgard is late. Rasgard’s problem is religion, the prophet in Rasgard is telling the elves to distain weapons and is charming the elves, war to peace. Brother Malathior is the prophet of Rasgard, elven in origin, possibly drow, possibly vampiric certainly on the other side!
We decide to procure a wagon and get some provisions to take to Cricceth, Glamis is a small settlement where we collect pieces to sell. Wagons are in thin supply, so we buy a tun of beer and summon a mule and some other things.
Hunt tells us that the only trustworthy person is Brag, will sell you good stuff, others will sell you nickel and silver rather than Mithril. We set off towards Criceth from Glamis, within a day we get into hills, it starts getting cooler, a few trees of our three day journey, the path is well trodden. Over the next two days we travel up steeper inclines, the way stations are well maintained and we managed to replace wood that we took. Nights pass easily, onthe morning of the third day, we scent woodsmoke. We come to Criccethwhich lies in a valley, it’s like the mythical Isengard, massive charcoal kilns extracting mithril from the ore. Lots of miners, the small shanty town has an open sewer running through it, black with slag. The stench is actually quite nice. As we enter the village a human called Dilgorintroduces himself as the store owner, he is a sleazy, slimy fagin like shyster who tries to bribe, bed us and bully us. Dilgor winds his son up and his son summons up the thugs, with a little whistle. Clearly his son Harold lets his father do the thinking, though not very well. Some are rather large bullies, all are armed with cudgels, some are tipped with iron and metal, possibly a mithril tipped clubs, some are weaselling thieves or assassins. Harold is actually agile and quick despite his bulk, he is talented with the club, the four thieves are hanging back to determine who isn’t that good. Rogar calls Harold a “Fucking cunt” and Harold goes mad and calls Rogar out. Rogar chickens out so Drak repeats his words for him, saying that he is “the son of a whore and a fucking cunt!” . They charge in! The weaselones hang back looking for an opportunity to stab us or thieve from us. Rogar uses the flat of his blade to subdue these guys. Drak thwacks one with his stave, and he recoils, only three against him now. Tramathar castes haste and Rogar gets into his normal groove of smacking them down. Brother Armitage tells his to flee and he leaves the town. Rogar still has one opponent, Drak five and Tramathar one still, Armitage is free. Armitage dives to protect Tramathar and Tramathar retreats and calls a wall of flame around the horses and wagon to protect our goods. Drak hits one opponent again and he flees, two down. Armitage faces a weaselling human is inside the circle with a thug and Tramathar tries to defeat them. Armitage taps his lightly on shoulder whilst Rogar pats rather more vigorously his four times and his opponent goes down.
We fight on, Tramathar tries to scare the weasel, Drak is finally hit by a thug, barely noticing it, Tramathar scares the weasel and he cowers at the edge of the wall of flames. Drak revenges the slight wound by striking his twice. Rogar smacks his twice.

Drak strikes down his opponent, Rogar hits his four times, twice on the way down. Five down. One cowering in the corner and the thug inside the circle of flame is held stock still by the magic of Tramathar. The two weasels left, one is standing around and one has fetched a shaman who seems to be dispelling the wall. Inside the circle Armitage starts tying up the thug, Rogar and Drak continue to fights their thugs. Drak taunts his opponent whilst Rogar tries to take down his opponent in two mighty blows, and fails. The weasel throws some flesh to stone dust at us, Rogar starts turning to stones. Suddenly Rogar remembers his bracelet of luck, its magics protects Rogar and the stone effect reverses itself, the evil smile of the weasel man turns to a scowl of dismay and fear. Drak hits his twice but doesn’t take him down. The wall of flame disappears, the weasel runs from the circle area. One thugs is tied, one is turning to stone. Drak is slowed as is Rogar but we fight on. Drak knocks down his Thug, and Rogar is struck by the dust, the bracelet of luck flares again, burns out and the Weasel turns to stone himself! Armitage is struck by the assassin thief and takes a hideous wound!

Drak recovers the cudgels, Rogars steals the Weasels items, Armitage commands the weasel to stop and Tramathar apprehends. Rogar get 3 petrification dust balls.
The innkeeper says “nothing to do with me, gov’nor”, Harold was “inside” all the time We sell 40gp of Mithril for the Tun and 20gp for the food a profit of 25gp. We stay at Brag’s inn, where we hope to have a better stay.
Digger
Digger
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger 19th November 2010, 03:35

Gents - A quick reminder we are on for AD&D this coming Tuesday (23rd)!

Chilli spoons at the ready! Very Happy
Digger
Digger
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum