Renny's Game Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Challenge: 500pts - Round 1

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Challenge: 500pts - Round 1 - Page 2 Empty Orks

Post by Digger 6th April 2009, 21:25

Soon Precious - Soon!!!!
Digger
Digger
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

The Challenge: 500pts - Round 1 - Page 2 Empty Orks vs Tyranids

Post by agentofping 5th May 2009, 04:45

Mission: Capture and Control
Setup: Spearhead

This game went to turn 5 and lasted about 2 and a half hours and ended in a draw. An interesting fight with a lot of assualt (not surprisingly). The orks proved tough opponents in hand to hand and not to be underestimated. The Ork stormboyz where destroyed in turn 2 by some refreshingly accurate fire from the Warriors. The formidable def dread was taken out after two round of hth with the genestealers thanks to a lucky hit that destroyed the dread and took out 2 Genestealers. The Ork warboss sealed the draw as he assualted the remaining termagants (which with the 4 warriors were the only units remaining on turn 5) drawing them far enough away from their home objective marker to lose them the win.

A good game. Underestimate the Ork's capacity for assualt at your peril.

The Great Devourer
agentofping
agentofping
VETERAN

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

The Challenge: 500pts - Round 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Challenge: 500pts - Round 1

Post by agentofping 16th June 2009, 02:15

As far as I know the remaining games for the 500pt league (Orks vs Necrons and Tau) have not been played. In order to finish this league, I suggest all remaining battles are forfit and earn 0 points to the players.

Thoughts?

AoP
agentofping
agentofping
VETERAN

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

The Challenge: 500pts - Round 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Challenge: 500pts - Round 1

Post by scarab 16th June 2009, 02:50

As far as i know all games have been played apart from my game against digger and as he has returned the ork miniatures i assume that round 1 has finished .

An idea i'd like to put out to people is that turn 2 points level should be 1000 points , i think that we all have miniatures painted for 1000 points (not to sure about those insidous tyrannids lol), was the general consensus as the necrons are ready to dispense gauss justice.

Ben
scarab
scarab
NOVICE

Back to top Go down

Post by agentofping 16th June 2009, 04:55

I've heard no indication that the Ork vs Tau game has been played, but given what you have said it would seem that this round of the league is over. I will post the final scores on the website.

As far as the next round goes I would suggest starting a new thread. As I explained to Mike I won't be attempting to organise the next one so open the subject to debate and discussion so the rules/requirements can be hacked out.

AoP
agentofping
agentofping
VETERAN

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mykilus 16th June 2009, 08:30

Ben is correct,
Digger returned the ork minis when i saw him friday and is not interested in playing any further games.
I have your orks Russ and will return them when i see you next.

i am happy to play the next round at a 1000pts, and i am sure the guard could russel up (no pun intended)
a 1000pts as well, in fact many times over i would guess.

Myke
Mykilus
Mykilus
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2