Renny's Game Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle Reports

2 posters

Go down

Battle Reports Empty Battle Reports

Post by Renny 23rd January 2012, 23:53

I'll use this thread to post battle reports from ACTA: Star Fleet games.

Digger and I played a test game two weeks ago in which a Federation CA (Heavy Cruiser) took on it's Klingon equivalent, the D7 Battle Cruiser. The game was useful for testing some of the new unfamiliar rules, and after a daft few turns in which both ships dashed around a planet, we began to trade some heavy damage. The confrontation ended in a very narrow victory for the Federation as the Klingon ship was taken out in a nasty volley of overloaded photon torpedoes at close range. This was more of a battle simulation than a real battle, however. First real game for us is tomorrow night. Hopefully, i'll post a more complete battle report on Wednesday
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name: Renny

Back to top Go down

Battle Reports Empty Re: Battle Reports

Post by Digger 24th January 2012, 18:03

MWahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Very Happy
Digger
Digger
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 8th March 2012, 03:31

"Sir." Commander Everson looked up from his hooded viewer, his frown speaking volumes, "We're not alone. I have four hostiles inbound."

Captain Holland drummed her fingers on the command chair arm.

"Here's where things get interesting", she said quietly before, louder, "Red Alert. All ships to battle stations."

So here's a quick battle report for our little 500 point game last night. This is mine and Digger's third battle using ACTA: Star Fleet. Probably the first time we actually played the game right. One of the reasons I love playing Digger (apart from the chilli Very Happy ) is that we take the time to check the rules as we go, and we question and analyse what we're doing to make our games better. As a result, this game took us about 2 hours which seems inordinately long for a 500 point battle, but i'm sure we'll get better.

Digger played Klingons

1 x FD7 - Fast Cruiser - IKS Swiftsword
1 x D6 - Heavy Cruiser - IKS Anarchy
2 x E4 - Light Frigate - IKS Adamant, IKS Ardent

I played Federation

1 x BCJ - Battle Cruiser - USS Montana
1 x CA - Heavy Cruiser - USS Farragut
1 x FFG - Frigate - USS Churchill

Klingon fleet in deployment position - there is some proxying of miniatures here

Battle Reports IMAG0260

And the Federation

Battle Reports IMAG0261

Turn 1 saw the Federation move cautiously forward by 6" while the Klingon ships dashed ahead at their maximum speeds.

Turn 2 the Federation boosted their shields in anticipation of the drone barrage to come. Sure enough, as the two fleets moved into range both sides lobbed drones at each other. This first engagment was less than decisive as both sides were effective with their defenses, although the USS Churchill took heavy damage to her shields from some well rolled multihits from the IKS Anarchy.

Battle Reports IMAG0262

Turn 3 saw the USS Montana declare defensive fire to protect the Churchill which was looking particularly vulnerable. Meanwhile the USS Farragut pressed ahead hoping to bring her photon torpedoes into range. This move allowed the scarily agile FD7 to get into position for an alpha strike against the plucky Federation cruiser. Farragut took a frightening amount of hits with Digger pretty much reducing her shields to a token level and scoring some internals through natural sixes. When the Farragut finally fired her photons hoping to take out one of the Klingon frigates, all four missed!

Battle Reports IMAG0263

Turn 4 and the Federation closed in with the main element of the Klingon group which had held back. The USS Farragut was pretty much doomed as the FD7 stayed close. She moved forward as much as possible and decided not to reload, preferring to keep all her other weapons operational. The Federation managed to score some hits against the Klingon units but again the rolls went the Klingons way. The USS Farragut died in a hail of fire from the FD7 while the other Klingon ships switched to fire at the BCJ.

Battle Reports IMAG0267

Turn 5 saw the Federation carry on closing and this time the remaining Klingon ships moved cautiously forward. The IKS Adamant was finally crippled but held on with one or two hull points remaining. Both sides took damage but all units apart from the Adamant remained combat capable, some with one or two critical hit effects in place. We called this as the last turn due to time constraints and looking at the victory points, it was a victory to the Klingons with 180 points to 37. If we'd continued, the Federation ships remaining would have been in trouble Very Happy

Despite losing, I enjoyed the game and was pleased to see that we seemed to be using the rules properly, managing the defensive fire rules properly and using all of the weapons traits etc correctly. I was particularly pleased that I remembered the combined drone systems for the Federation.

We still think the Klingons seem to hold all the cards, with the agile ships and forward shield benefits proving quite decisive in this game. Initiative sinking also proved a boon to the space going bully boys. Still, good fun. next time we'll mix it up a bit and try different fleets, or at least swap fleets.
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger 12th March 2012, 18:18

Great Report and pictures, look forward to the nect game!

Feds please!
Digger
Digger
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 12th July 2013, 18:25

Yeah, so when are we going to play the next game Rolling Eyes 
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger 12th July 2013, 18:46

I still have my fleet, bit rusty on the rules; but I would be up for another game at some stage! :-)
Digger
Digger
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 13th July 2013, 09:39

Whoops! Didn't think you'd read that Embarassed 
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet