Renny's Game Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Challenge

+2
Renny
agentofping
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: The Challenge

Post by Mykilus 17th February 2009, 10:16

Just a thought, how are the rounds going to be constructed,
I ask this because at the moment their are only 4 people in the league(to my knowledge).
Now theorectically we could have all the games done in a couple of weeks wich would mean we are on to the 750pt games very quickly. Also are we just going to play just one game against each opponent and if so wich one.and should we all play the same game. My thoughts are this,
We should play 2 games against each opponent, maybe one as the attacker and one as the defender that way it makes the game even. Also this should fill an afternoon/evening of session quiet nicly. or perhaps we might want to play 2 games but you play it twice once as the attacker and once as the defender.
Might i also suggest that if we are to play the same game it may be advisable to ask steve if he would kindly generate the die rolls for us and post them up with the army lists.
just some thoughts

comments

Myke
Mykilus
Mykilus
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by agentofping 17th February 2009, 19:30

I'm thinking that each person plays each other person once. When everyone has done this that is a round and scoring is done to find out who was first, second etc. Multiple rounds can be played at the same point level until we decide to 'beef' up the points - I certainly want to play a few rounds as I'm in no hurry to get painting again, but if you guys are up for it don't wait for me. Remember there is nothing to stop people changing their list between rounds. You have to use the same list during a round, but can make changes in between.

As far as individual games goes the scenerio and setup should be rolled for each battle with whatever terrain the opponents have and agree on. It might be an idea for games to be done in batches, so a couple of you might turn up at someone's house and both play that opponent.

I think that for the moment keep it small. This setup means that the whole round could be played in a month if people want to. This is probably better than creating some huge event. However it is also possible that a super league could be setup up as above, but you have to play each of the 3 scenarios against every opponent, which would probabaly even out things a bit, but add greatly to the time required, particularly at higher point levels.

AoP
agentofping
agentofping
VETERAN

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 23rd February 2009, 19:06

Just to confirm that I have now received army lists from;

Ben
Mike
Russ
Simon

These will be sent out to all other players at some point tonight.
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name: Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by agentofping 7th March 2009, 05:11

FYI: I have added a section to Ctoan for the League results. If you guys care to provide me with your army list in pdf form I will post that info on the site as well.

PS: Digger, I haven't added the orks to the result table yet because I'm not sure of their current state of play re their army list.

AoP
agentofping
agentofping
VETERAN

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 8th March 2009, 19:47

So when do the battles actually start?
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name: Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by agentofping 9th March 2009, 21:04

I'm hoping to get at least one and maybe two games in next weekend assuming something can be arranged.

AoP
agentofping
agentofping
VETERAN

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 9th March 2009, 23:25

Be sure to let us know how you get on.
Renny
Renny