Renny's Game Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Necessary Evil - Players Please Read

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Necessary Evil - Players Please Read Empty Necessary Evil - Players Please Read

Post by Renny 19th March 2009, 09:35

Hi guys

Hopefully should be able to get Necessary Evil moving again in the next couple of weeks if things on the home-front continue to settle down. I've been doing some prep for the game such as revising the character cards and due to some changes to the power system in the NE-Explorer's Edition, i'm intending to rebuild your characters from the ground up. There should be little difference between the characters as was and the new versions but this has reminded me that there are some advances I need to apply. Due to the fact that my write-ups were lost when Robin lost the old Rottenlead forum, i've decided to give everyone 3 advances or 15xp to play with. I've already discussed the progression of Mike's character with him but, Kevin and Chris, I need to ask you in general terms whether there is anything you'd especially like me to use the advances for. I just need to know in general terms what you'd like to improve. Let me know if you don't have copies of the characters and i'll post them here for you. Chris, i'd also like you to settle on a name and if possible have a look for an image to represent your character. I suggest a google search on images as a good place to start. Or if you prefer, give me some sort of description to work with and i'll try and find an image for you.

Last edited by Renny on 13th July 2010, 21:19; edited 1 time in total
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name: Renny

Back to top Go down

Necessary Evil - Players Please Read Empty Re: Necessary Evil - Players Please Read

Post by Renny 23rd March 2009, 20:36

*BUMP*
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Necessary Evil - Players Please Read Empty Re: Necessary Evil - Players Please Read

Post by rogartheranger 24th March 2009, 09:24

Hi Steve

I have now chosen a name and photo for my Necessary Evil character (Professor Marius MasterMind) which can be viewed in the public gallery. Could you post me a copy of the character-sheet so that I can familiarise myself with his current stats and abilities and I will decide where to add the advances.

Thanks

Chris
rogartheranger
rogartheranger
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Mykilus 24th March 2009, 10:13

Mmm, can you spell Davros.........

Myke
Mykilus
Mykilus
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 24th March 2009, 19:03

Chris

Excellent pic. I will post the character stats for you later today in this thread. Note, i'll post the original stats as I intend to run through the character again using the new NE book although in your case, I expect there won't be any real difference.
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by agentofping 24th March 2009, 19:05

rogartheranger wrote:photo for my Necessary Evil character (Professor Marius MasterMind) which can be viewed in the public gallery.
That's awesome!

AoP
agentofping
agentofping
VETERAN

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 25th March 2009, 09:17

Chris

Character write up is here.
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by rogartheranger 26th March 2009, 11:29

Looking at the current stats, I was thinking perhaps that I should improve some of his existing skills such as Notice and Investigation by 1 die-type, and add Intimidation (as he looks pretty creepy) and maybe Knowledge (either Electronics or Science) to compliment the 'mad-scientist' theme.
rogartheranger
rogartheranger
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 26th March 2009, 19:12

OK, all perfectly acceptable to me. I'll get him reworked and post the new version soon
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 29th March 2009, 10:04

Chris

I've added the requested advancements to Professor Mastermind. You can look at him using the link above as i've edited the original post. Cheers.
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by rogartheranger 1st April 2009, 04:15

Thanks Steve, those amended character stats look great to me. Any idea when we can get together for a game of Necessary Evil?
rogartheranger
rogartheranger
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 16th August 2011, 02:08

Well, as inspiration has failed to strike as yet for Justice Associates, I thought I might try and run a few more sessions of Necessary Evil in the run up to Christmas. Anyone interested? The game will pick up where it left off over two and a half years ago.
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mykilus 16th August 2011, 05:33

Thinks that christmass has come early.........and that Red Dragon is looking forward to continuine her naferious sheams......Mwah
Mykilus
Mykilus
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by rogartheranger 16th August 2011, 09:51

Excellent news. I think its time for Professor Marius MasterMind to unveil his latest nefarious scheme (mwah-hah-hah-ha).
rogartheranger
rogartheranger
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe 25th August 2011, 23:38

i'll grab my spandex

kevinrolfe
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 26th August 2011, 01:10

Make sure it's been washed first
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe 27th August 2011, 05:37

it has i just need talc to help roll them on

kevinrolfe
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 9th September 2011, 08:09

Chaps

I've been working on a couple of character sheets for the upcoming Necessary Evil revival. Let me know which one you like best.

Necessary Evil - Players Please Read Neshee10

This sheet is a shameless rip off from the BASH sheet I like so much. The yellow box at the top of the sheet is for the character background.
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 9th September 2011, 08:11

Next is more traditional.

Necessary Evil - Players Please Read Neshee11

Not filled in but you get the idea.
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mykilus 9th September 2011, 08:36

must admitt i like the first one....not much in it but the first one just looks more natraul....
Mykilus
Mykilus
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 26th September 2011, 21:08

A quick update. I have completed character sheets for the main characters and will post them later. If you want to submit some blurb to go in the background box, let me have it and i'll update the sheets before printing. Not required by any means. I'm just sorting out a few other bits but hope to have a crack at this towards the end of October. I'll suggest some dates in a day or so.
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 2nd November 2011, 21:12

Dear all

Is there still interest in reviving this game? If so, please sound off here.

Chris, i'm afraid we may have to abuse your hospitality for this game if you're willing. If so, please advise your preference as to days and dates so we can work out two or three dates to get us moving
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mykilus 3rd November 2011, 17:28

Yes,...very much so
Mykilus
Mykilus
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe 4th November 2011, 07:11

and meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

kevinrolfe
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 13th November 2011, 03:12

Gents, we're waiting on Chris for a response. I'll speak to him Tuesday if he hasn't chipped in before then.
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next