Renny's Game Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scene 1: Unwelcome Reception

5 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Scene 1: Unwelcome Reception - Page 3 Empty Re: Scene 1: Unwelcome Reception

Post by Renny 12th January 2017, 10:50

(OOC: Mark, your stats for the phaser you have are as follows;

Type 1 Phaser: Ranged, 4[CD], Size 2, Charge 3

During a Turn in combat, a character can attempt one Task (such as your attack, and several Minor Actions. A character can perform one Minor Action for free, and then each additional Minor Action costs one Momentum or adds one to the GM's Threat pool, plus one more for each subsequent Minor Action performed that Turn. Each Minor Action can only be attempted once per Turn. One of the Minor Actions is Aim which allows you to re-roll one of your dice. I'll assume you've used that Minor Action as it will help you. If you use Aim, you can re-roll one of your D20's.

You can also state that you want to spend a point of Determination which will give you a bonus dice which will automatically be considered to roll a 1 and give you two successes.

Finally, a phaser has charges. You can spend charges to give you additional effects. You have three charge you can spend with a phaser 1.

1 charge can give you +1 damage dice. 2 charges can create an area effect which can hit multiple targets. These are probably the most relevant for now to avoid over-complicating things.

Let me know if you want to spend Determination on a bonus dice and let me know if you want to spend any charges, and if so, on which effect.

Then roll 2D20 for a Control + Security Task with a difficulty of 2. Your target is 14 or less. Don't forget if you need to, you can re-roll one of your dice as you are using Aim)
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name: Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 18th January 2017, 22:07

(OOC: We have recieved new playest files. I will revise your character writeup to reflect the changes moving forward. Please be aware that some definitions may change. I will highlight any rules changes as required as the game moves forward. )
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 18th January 2017, 22:09

(OOC: Under the new rules, you recieve one point of Determination at the start of a game rather than three as previous. I am resetting everyone's Determination counter to 1 as of now. Please be aware when deciding if you want to spend Determination on this task. You can gain additional Determination up to a maximum of three as we move forward)
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 23rd January 2017, 10:17

(OOC: Posting on Mark's behalf)
(OOC: Hi - Not been well the past few days so catching up on the role-play. I want to ask if I can do the following in the game - as a minor action open my communicator, use it to send a sonic wave towards the neanderthals to throw them before aiming and firing. Is that possible?)
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 23rd January 2017, 10:28

(OOC: Mark, you can try and do whatever you like. Let's break it down. You're currently in cover, protected by the shuttle. Each round in combat, you can, as a default, take on minor action, such as move, draw a weapon or aim, and one task, such as attack. You can spend a minor action to remove your communicator badge and uncover it's workings. Your task for this round will be to reprogram the frequency modulator to emit a sonic pulse. This will be tricky, a difficulty of 3. Reason + Engineering gives you a target of 11. You don't have any applicable focuses. I would suggest spending your Determination point to give you an extra dice set to 1, meaning you will only need to generate 1 success from your roll. If you're OK with this, roll 2D20 and tell me what you get.)
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Rogue 24th January 2017, 05:31

(Roll 14 and 11)

Marcus Rogue
EXTRA

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 24th January 2017, 10:24

(OOC: I'm assuming that you're spending your point of Determination to give you the extra dice set to 1 which gives you two successes. The 11 you rolled gives you another so you succeed. It will take you until next round to make the modifications)
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe 24th January 2017, 23:51

Martinez points at a neanderthal and fires (OCC 01,7)

kevinrolfe
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 25th January 2017, 22:50

(OOC: Last of the neanderthals needs to act first. I'll cover that in a bit and then deal with your attack. Have a think about whether you want to purchase any additional dice.)
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 25th January 2017, 22:54

(OOC: Obvs we'll use those dice results as they are great)
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe 26th January 2017, 20:16

(OCC ill spend a determination point)

kevinrolfe
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 27th January 2017, 03:11

One of the neanderthals lies senseless on the ground, but the other three are still upright. Two have hefted their rocky projectiles at the group but have missed both times. The remaining savage is the individual whom Martinez had shot earlier in the encounter but he's far from down. In fact, looking at your phaser and the one in his hand you see a spark of recognition and he lifts the weapon and fires. (OOC: I'm spending two points of Threat to allow the neanderthal to fire. Two immediate targets, Zharath and Martinez. Malik is in cover currently. 1-3, Zharath, 4-6 Martinez. It's a 2 so Zharath, you're getting a phaser beam in the antennae. Good news is he's not able to spend any charges and the weapon is damaged. He's not aiming because he doesn't know how. This is Control + Security with difficulty of 2. The target number is still 7. Rolls 2D20 and gets a 1 and a 12. That's two successes because a 1 always counts for two. That's a hit. The stats for the phaser are as follows, Damaged Type 1 Phaser (Ranged, 3 [CD], Size 2). He rolls 3 CD, getting a 1, a 3 and a 5. That's two points of damage (1 and 5, ignore the 3) and 1 effect. The phaser doesn't have any built in effects so you suffer two damage. Your stress track is down to 11. No problem. It stung a bit but just grazed you. Initiative switches back to our side. Zhao Wen is last to act)
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Rogue 27th January 2017, 05:34

(What do I need to roll in order to complete my task? How many minor action points can I spend to move and act?)

Marcus Rogue
EXTRA

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 27th January 2017, 20:10

(OOC: Mark, you're already working on your task. Given that a combat round is only a few seconds long, you're using your action to keep in cover and work on modifying your communicator. This sort of action is not as straightforward as aiming and firing a phaser, especially as you're working without tools. Rest assured, you're working on it. Zhao Wen (JP) is last to act this round and then we'll move to round 2. I'm happy to let you act first, assuming no-one else has a problem with that.)
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by kirito 3rd February 2017, 03:01

Zhao Wen steadies himself and shoots at the neanderthal nearest to Zharath. I'll invoke my value of Defence and Protection.

kirito
EXTRA

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 3rd February 2017, 03:02

(OOC: OK, i'll write your attack up this evening)
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 6th February 2017, 22:36

(OOC: Ok, so you're making a ranged attack at the neanderthal. You've stated you want to spend your Determination point to assist you, in line with your Value. Spending your Determination in this way is called Perfect Opportunity. You get a bonus D20 which is assumed to have rolled a 1 granting you 2 successes off the bat. You've stated that you are steadying yourself as well so we'll assume for your minor action this round, you're using the Aim maneuver. This essentially means you can reroll one of the D20's if needed. You're shooting your phaser on stun. This is Control + Security task with a Difficulty of 2. Your target is 15. I need you to roll 2D20 and give me the results. Remember if any of them roll above 15, you can reroll one of the dice as per the Aim maneuver. Can you also tell me if you want to spend any charges? You have 5 charges on the phaser. You can use these on Area Effect (2 charge), Intense (2 charges), Piercing (1 charge) or Vicious (2 charges). Let me knoiw if you want more info. OK, roll your dice and let me know how you get on.)
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by kirito 7th February 2017, 02:48

(OOC rolled 15 and 5. Want to spend 2 charges on A.O.E and 2 charges on Viscous)

kirito
EXTRA

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 7th February 2017, 03:23

(OK: OK, so you've rolled a total of five successes; 2 for the dice granted by Determination, 1 for the 15 and 2 for the 5 because you have the focus of phasers which is triggered because your Discipline is at a 5 also (Security). Nice job. This gives you three momentum which we'll hang onto for now. You rolled 8 CD for me, getting a 1,1,2,2,4,5,5 and a 6. This gives you a total of 9 damage with 3 effect. Area effect means that you have hit all of the neanderthals still standing (3). With area effect you hit the primary target and then one within Reach of that target and then additional target within Close range of the initial target for each effect rolled. Nice shooting, Tex, Your phaser hits all of them. Because you spent charges on Vicious 1, you get an extra point of damage for each effect rolled. That gives you a +3 meaning you have scored a total of 12 points of damage against three targets. Ouch. I'll go into detail of what that means later. Suffice to say the neanderthals will be taking a nap)
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 7th February 2017, 22:16

Zhao Wen's phaser was set to wide angle stun and as a result, all three of the remaining neanderthals still standing are enveloped in the beam. They drop to the floor, instantly unconscious. You look around the clearing but all else is quiet. Zhao Wen calmly holsters his phaser, a stoic look on his face as he eyes the perimeter.

(OOC: Characters and NPCs can spend Momentum/Threat to avoid the effects of an injury but I don't want to prolong this encounter any more. Mark, your tactic with the communicator would have worked this round to scare off the neanderthals still conscious but as it turns out it wasn't required.)

Malik looks up and seeing the opposition has been neutralised, replaces his comm badge on his tunic. Martinez holsters his phaser and Zharath relaxes slightly from his fighting stance.

Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe 9th February 2017, 03:39

Martinez "what the..." (goes to search the bodies. With tricorder)

kevinrolfe
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum