Renny's Game Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Green Lantern

2 posters

Go down

Green Lantern  Empty Green Lantern

Post by kevinrolfe 19th June 2011, 11:51

Just got out of seeing green lantern.

Its was good. Basic origin story. They music was at times trying to be a little too superman. I enjoyed it
more than thor but i am a die hard DC fan so probably allways would.
My only complaint was the retelling of the origin. Could we have one super where we learn of the origin in film 2 or 3...

Go see. You will enjoy its all pop corn.

I saw it in 3d. It would have made no difference to my viewing if it had been the non gimicy 2d...

kevinrolfe
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Green Lantern  Empty Re: Green Lantern

Post by Renny 29th June 2011, 19:20

Finally got to see GL last night. Saw it in screen 3 which is the super-duper digital screen. It was like watching a very big HD tv, really impressed with the clarity of sound and picture.

I really enjoyed the picture, as a whole. Caught me off guard with the scary opening and the digital sound sent most of the cinema ceiling-ward when the ground gave way. Very Happy I thought Ryan Reynolds did a good job with Hal being a bit of a dick trying to live up to his father's legacy. It was a bit Iron Man with the whole jet fighter thing but that's not a criticism. I thought Mark Strong nailed Sinestro, I thought the Guardians were 50's sci fi cool and I dug the whole sitting on a pedestal image, both physically and metaphorically. Abin Sur was neat, the visualisation of the ring's powers were spot on. Overall the CGI was great, I thought. Even the costume worked although the mask was a bit dodgy. I totally loved it when GL hit Parallax with a giant fist. Really liked the green glowing AA gun routine. Enjoyed the stuff on Oa when Hal's admiring himself in the mirror, and his training with the Corps. All in all, I liked it a lot and would rate it a solid 8/10.

Things I didn't like so much? A bit too much voice-over which could have been carried in dialogue, that no-one called Tom Pie-Face (in-joke!), Hector Hammond was a bit meh..., Carol Ferris was pretty but bland (although I loved that her call-sign was Sapphire Very Happy ), the music was a little flat at times, but generally ok. Overall minor gripes but certainly this movie was nowhere near as bad as the reviews would have you believe.

Oh, one more thing. The after credits bit is the bit with Sinestro . You don't need to sit right through the credit crawl as there's nothing there. I know, I waited.
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name: Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 30th June 2011, 02:36

Oh, and there's a new Cartoon Network GL Corps animated series debuting in the fall as well. There's a trailer floating around on the web and it looks pretty good.
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name: Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down