Renny's Game Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Necrons Vs Tyrannids 750 points

3 posters

Go down

Necrons Vs Tyrannids 750 points Empty Necrons Vs Tyrannids 750 points

Post by scarab 29th April 2009, 19:45

The game mission : Seize Ground (with 5 objectives)
The Deployment : Spearhead
Played on a 6 x 4ish board (2 pasting tables to be precise)

Tyrannids won initiative and set up first.

Turn 1 : genestealers moved to secure 1 objective with the bulk of the tyrannid horde moving forward close the range with the necron forces , the necrons began a withdraw so as to extend the distance between the approaching tyrannid horder (which included the Carnifex the close combat monster ). The necron destroyers unleashed a volley into the carnifex scoring 2 wounds .

Turn 2 : Genestealers secured 1 objective , bulk of the tyrannid horde (TH) secured a second objective whilst the carnifex and a gaunt brood entered into assault with a squad of necron warriors lead by the necron lord armed witha warscythe. The assault was fierce and bloody and once the turn ended the carnifex and been destroyed without even striking a blow .meanwhile the destoryers employing thier jump bike abilities had outflanked the main tyrannid horde and had the Tyrannid Warriors (synapse creatures) firmly in sight and unleashed another deadly volley scoring 7 wounds (killing 3 outright and wounding the last one

Turn 3 : Splitting his forces as far as they could the TH tied down both the Necron Warriors & lord and the destroyers in assault with 2 separate gaunt broods , this effectively tied down 2 necron units leaving the last necron warrior squad to move seize another objective marker .

Turn 4 : As with turn 3 more assault the necrons holding their one but still locked in assault

Turn 5 : the 2 necron squads still locked in assault , the necron warriors that had seized the objective then moved in to counter assault the gaunts that were assaulting the destroyers . both squads finally managed to destroy the tyrannids that were assaulting them .

Turn 6 : Both necron warrior squads moved to secure their assigned objectives and the destroyers moved to obtain line of sight on the last warriors . The tyrannid warrior fired at the destoryer damaging one (which came back to live , love those we'll be back rolls) upon returning fire the destoryers destroyed the last TH warrior throwing the finally gaunt brood into chaos causing them to revert to the instinctual behaviour : IF THE GAME HAD ENDED HERE THE GAME WOULD HAVE BEEN A DRAW UNFORTUNATELY THIS WAS NOT THE CASE IT WENT TO
7 TURNS

Turn 7 : the destroyers fired into in the gaunt brood who were now lurking which meant they could not secure the objective
GAME RESULT : A win to the necrons by 2 objective to 1 tyrannid.

game thoughts :
game lasted 2 1/2 hours for 7 turns which included assaults which was very good going .
Playing on a bigger gaming area helped the necrons (is my feeling)
I believe that the game turned against russ in turn 2 with the loss of his carnifex and 3 of his warriors and wounding the last one .

Overall a enjoyable and fun game that could has easily swung the other way
Necrons won hooray ill try and post a couple of pictures
scarab
scarab
NOVICE

Back to top Go down

Necrons Vs Tyrannids 750 points Empty Re: Necrons Vs Tyrannids 750 points

Post by agentofping 29th April 2009, 20:39

Tactically this was one of the most interesting games (with the 5 objectives up for grabs). It was also a pretty close game dispite the losses inflicted and it was only the last throw of the dice going to turn 7 that sealed it for the Necrons. It was sad to see the Carnifex go down before striking a blow. However the loss of the Warriors early on was a more significant loss IMHO. This more than anything limited my options - it didn't lose me the game but it did make any chance of winning far more difficult.

The high point for me was tying down 200 pts of Destroyers with 36 points of Termagants for 3 rounds. Twisted Evil

Jolly good game all round and did teach me that 'Nids will never outshoot a Necron army...

The Great Devourer
agentofping
agentofping
VETERAN

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by scarab 29th April 2009, 22:24

its my belief that the tide of the game turned with the loss of the carnifex and the 3 warriors in turn 2 .
and with the mission being the seize the ground it caused the genestealers to be restricted to not engaging in combat and i think they would have turned the tide .
To my knowledge the necrons were unable to use rapid fire at any stage during the game and because my necrons were pretty mobile in this game shock horror did not reek the kind of withering fire they are capable of.I think my warriors spent more time in assault than firing it was all down to the destroyers .

as for the destroyers they won me the game in my mind , a really enjoyable game

Ben
scarab
scarab
NOVICE

Back to top Go down

Post by Mykilus 30th April 2009, 17:08

Nice to see that the curse of the Tyranids has been lifted,that they are beatable........ Laughing though i have yet to do so myself.

On a different note,
Simon is involved in a big demo game in the shop on saturday to coincide with the release of the new guard codex. On the good side he will be takeing in a lot of his tanks and sceanery but on the downside he now has an all new codex to build his army from....The game starts at 11am

oh well

Myke
Mykilus
Mykilus
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down