Renny's Game Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what are you boardgamers up to at the moment?

3 posters

Go down

So what are you boardgamers up to at the moment? Empty So what are you boardgamers up to at the moment?

Post by Renny 1st March 2009, 08:53

Title says it really...
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name: Renny

Back to top Go down

So what are you boardgamers up to at the moment? Empty Re: So what are you boardgamers up to at the moment?

Post by rogartheranger 1st March 2009, 11:29

Well, we spent our most recent gaming session playing Evo which I think we can all agree was great fun. This game involves each player having to take on the role of a 'dinosaur', with the objective of trying to survive and breed for as long as possible on a small island that is beset by continually fluctuating climate changes that threaten to either freeze or bake-you to death. You achieve your objectives primarily through evolving your dinosaur by out-biding other players for mutations such as additional legs/longer tails/more fur/parasols/horns/eggs etc. The better you are at surviving, the more points you gain each round, and then the game ultimately ends when the Meteor hits Earth and wipes out all life!! Russ ended up being the victor after this game although it was a close run thing in the end with him only just scraping to victory infront of a resurgent Heidi. We then finished off the evening with an impromtu half-hour session of LOTR Trivial Pursuit which gave Heidi the chance to finally turn the tables on Russ and prove that all those hours watching the Peter Jackson films (and DVD documentaries) has finally paid-off!! Lol

Next Wednesday we are meeting at mine again to play Arkham Horror as I think we've all still got that Cthulhu vibe going since last weekends gaming session with Digger!! This could prove to be quite 'interesting' as it's primarily a co-operative game that requires constant team-work to achieve success - something that some of my colleagues are not too renowned for in our competitive (league-table motivated) group. However, if you're interested in joining us you are more then welcome Steve - although the odds are that we'll all end up being consumed by Great Cthulhu himself before the night is done Twisted Evil !

Chris
rogartheranger
rogartheranger
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

So what are you boardgamers up to at the moment? Empty Re: So what are you boardgamers up to at the moment?

Post by Renny 1st March 2009, 20:08

Thanks Chris. With all that's going on with me at the moment I can't commit to anything but I appreciate the offer. Hope the game goes well.
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name: Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by agentofping 2nd March 2009, 19:45

Scores on the doors are available on Ctoan (see my sig for link). For those interested the breakdown also shows what games were played and when.

BTW: K-Dog won't be along for the next couple of weeks so it will just be the unholy trinity.

AoP
agentofping
agentofping
VETERAN

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum