Renny's Game Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who Series 7 - New Companion Cast, plus Production News

2 posters

Go down

Doctor Who Series 7 - New Companion Cast, plus Production News Empty Doctor Who Series 7 - New Companion Cast, plus Production News

Post by rogartheranger 22nd March 2012, 11:03

Its just typical, you wait months for any news of your favourite series and then suddenly you face a deluge all in the space of a few days. Very Happy

As you’ve probably heard today the BBC have announced that Jenna-Louise Coleman has been cast as the new Doctor Who companion. A news article and video of Jenna discussing her casting can be found at the BBC website via the link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17456505

At present Steven Moffat is remaining fairly tight lipped on further details concerning the new companion, saying only:-
"It always seems impossible when you start casting these parts, but when we saw Matt and Jenna together, we knew we had our girl. She's funny and clever and exactly mad enough to step on board the TARDIS.

It's not often the Doctor meets someone who can talk even faster than he does, but it's about to happen. Jenna is going to lead him his merriest dance yet. And that's all you're getting for now. Who she's playing, how the Doctor meets her, and even where he finds her, are all part of one of the biggest mysteries the Time Lord ever encounters. Even by the Doctor's standards, this isn't your usual boy meets girl."

Following on from the news of Jenna’s casting there have been other tantalising tidbits released today about the new series:-

• Series seven recently commenced filming in February and will comprise of 14 episodes, (including the Christmas Special). Five of these episodes will be aired later this year at some point during the Autumn schedule (I’m thinking late October/November), which will be followed by the Christmas Special. The remaining eight episodes will follow early next year. Steven Moffat has described these as “14 big, blockbuster-movie episodes – each a brand new epic adventure featuring new monsters and some familiar foes as you’ve never seen them before.”

• Speaking to the Radio Times at the Royal Television Society Awards last night Steven Moffat said that:-
"This time we're moving closer to stand-alone stories. At this point, we're not planning any two-parters. So, every week is going to be like a different mad movie. We went quite 'arc' last time and we're going stand-alone this time around. But that doesn't mean that there aren't those things creeping in. You've got to find a way to make the last episode special, and by God that worked ratings-wise last year. We don't want to abandon that idea."

• Steven Moffat stated: "Watch out for the title of episode two. I think that's a belter. It's one of my favourite titles ever."

• Production recently finished location filming at Almeria in Spain for a Western themed episode which is currently slated for episode 3.

• Casting news for the new series, includes Ben Browder, Garrick Hagon, Adrian Scarborough, Dominic Kemp, Mark Williams, Rupert Graves, David Bradley and Rob Cavazos

• Doctor Who Magazine have reported that the Daleks, will feature during the first half of the series this Autumn.

• Steven Moffat has confirmed that Amy and Rory will make their final appearance in episode 5 which will feature the return of the Weeping Angels, and has been quoted as saying: “Not everyone makes it out alive – and I mean it this time.”

• The departure of Amy and Rory “doesn’t necessarily” mean that River Song is waving goodbye.

• Jenna-Louise Coleman’s first appearance will be in the Christmas special, (episode 6). She starts filming in May.

• After the initial eight episodes in 2013, there will be more later in the year – exactly how many is still under wraps. Matt Smith is contracted for all the 2013 episodes.

• Jenna auditioned with Matt, and says it felt very spontaneous and fun. “I had an enormous amount of fun in the room!”

• When she found out she had been cast, “I was in Marks and Spencer holding an avocado, debating what went best in a salmon salad.”

• Her flatmates had no idea until today: “It’s opened up a whole web of lies and I realise I’m a very good liar, actually, which is terrifying!”

• Says Steven Moffat, “It always feels like a miracle when you find the right person.” When he saw the two of them together, looking frightened, “It was an instant poster”.

• Moffat on casting: “It starts with you telling them who the character is. Then they tell you who the character is.”

• Jenna is frightened of spiders. Moffat: “I’ve written that down…”

I will keep this thread updated with further news as I hear of it, but that's all for now!!
rogartheranger
rogartheranger
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who Series 7 - New Companion Cast, plus Production News Empty Re: Doctor Who Series 7 - New Companion Cast, plus Production News

Post by Renny 22nd March 2012, 19:00

Nice update Chris. I hope that the rumours of the new companion being non-human might have a grain of truth. I know nothing about the new actress so i'm looking forward to seeing what's coming up.
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name: Renny

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who Series 7 - New Companion Cast, plus Production News Empty Re: Doctor Who Series 7 - New Companion Cast, plus Production News

Post by rogartheranger 27th March 2012, 07:28

The BBC have now released an early teaser for Series 7 featuring clips from the first couple of episodes to be recorded:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p00qfq58/Doctor_Who_First_preview_of_the_new_series!/

Enjoy Very Happy
rogartheranger
rogartheranger
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 27th March 2012, 08:31

Funny, that Western episode looks very much like the premise of Jim Swallow's Dr Who novel from a couple of years ago.
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by rogartheranger 3rd April 2012, 08:38

Latest exicting update just in:

Production on Doctor Who has now shifted to studio for Episode 1, the series opener that will feature the return of the Daleks. The teaser trailer I posted last week included a brief glimpse of the Doctor's old adversary in the snow (believed to have been filmed in Spain as part of the shoot there earlier in the month), and the BBC followed up by releasing some teaser images of the Daleks in studio.

If you’re wondering which Dalek design will feature this time – well – the answer is ALL OF THEM!! Thats right apparently every design of Dalek since the 1960’s will feature in this episode!!!

Steven Moffat and Arthur Darvill exchanged the following banter on Twitter. SM:"After extensive deliberation, THE DOCTOR HAS SPOKEN. Matt Smith likes the sixties Dalek best.«" - SM:"This just in: Amy Pond concurs. The Last Centurian has yet to speak.«" - AD:"I could tweet several incriminating pictures of my favourites but I feel they may be. . . How do you say? . . . Spoilers?«". Moffat then released a photo illustrating the object of their discussion ...

Doctor Who Series 7 - New Companion Cast, plus Production News Matt_s10

Now I dont know about you but the very thought of an original 1960's Dalek appearing in 'new-Who' (together with all the other designs) is giving me a serious geekgasm!! Bring it on! Very Happy
rogartheranger
rogartheranger
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by rogartheranger 9th April 2012, 08:03

In a recent interview with the show's new Executive Producer Caroline Skinner, she let slip that episode 1 will be a big Dalek extravaganza, with not only the biggest set to be constructed in Doctor Who history but will also feature more physical Dalek props in one room then ever before. The current headcount is somewhere between 20 and 30 real Dalek props so it should look pretty impressive on screen, especially when you consider that in previous episodes we have probably never seen more then around 8 physical Dalek props in action. This is sounding better by the day!! Hopefully we'll get see plenty of exterminations and explosive action too Very Happy
rogartheranger
rogartheranger
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 10th April 2012, 19:24

I look forward to the return of the Daleks. Have to sat that I missed seeing Dr Who on screen at Easter. Shame that the BBC couldn't have put out a special or something to keep us going.
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down