Renny's Game Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

40K in 40 Minutes

2 posters

Go down

40K in 40 Minutes Empty 40K in 40 Minutes

Post by Great Teufel 10th September 2010, 04:10

There is a varient of the WH40K rules called 40K in 40 Minutes, aka Combat Patrol, so if anyone fancies getting in a quick game of 40K let me know.

The game rules are exactly the same, but your force must be selected using the following guidlines:-

• Patrols are no more than 400 points.
• You must have one Troop choice.
• You may have one HQ choice, but no more than one.
• You may spend remaining points on anything in the codex.
• No character can have more than 2 Wounds.
• No special characters.
• No 2+ saves.
• No vehicles with a total Armour value greater than 33.
• You must have a completed, detailed roster and access to the relevant Codex.
• Painted models only.
Great Teufel
Great Teufel
SEASONED

Back to top Go down

40K in 40 Minutes Empty Re: 40K in 40 Minutes

Post by Mykilus 10th September 2010, 09:05

Need to clarify,
HQ are not compolsury ?

Myke
Mykilus
Mykilus
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Teufel 10th September 2010, 18:10

Correct.

You do need to have one figure designated as the leader of the force, but this is to make Leadership tests against when the force is down to 50% and is simply the figure with the highest Ld.

Although I very much like this set of rules, it will go hard on the two forces I actually have to use; Tyranids and Necrons. The tyranids in particular are hard hit because of the fact that no synapse creature has 2 or less wounds. So there might need to be some house ruling involved. For instance one unit (maybe an HQ) is allowed to have wounds 3 in which case I could take some Warriors. However it might be fun to try and play as is and use instinctive troops without a synapse creatures Shocked

BTW: Mike do you have a copy of the 4th ed WH40K rules I could borrow?

You can find a copy of the rules pdf on the web (with a bit of searching) try these keywords; 40K in 40 minutes, 40kin40mins, patrol clash or Combat Patrol. The rules were designed to a) play quick games of WH40K in under an hour and b) allow you to start collecting and using a force quickly without having to get a ton of miniatures painted. Generally you are looking at a couple of Units of troops and vehicle.
Great Teufel
Great Teufel
SEASONED

Back to top Go down

Post by Mykilus 11th September 2010, 04:07

if i remember correctly the idea was to make it so that kids could play a game at school
during the lunch break,This was followed up in the next edition by the Kill team rules,neither of witch i have the rules for.I only have 1st 3rd and 5th editions of the game(pattern developing their)so i cant help you their.
Mykilus
Mykilus
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum