Renny's Game Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

40K Big Game/Team-Up

5 posters

Go down

40K Big Game/Team-Up Empty 40K Big Game/Team-Up

Post by agentofping 5th May 2009, 18:22

I know there is interest in playing a large game/team-up event and a 10x4' playing area could be used. I was thinking that if such a game is organised instead of playing a standard mission it might be more interesting to create something special for such a big game.

Some suggestions that come to mind would be to play a team-up/last man standing game (two teams play together and when the opposing side is eliminated, the remaining team must then fight amongst themselves until only one force is victorious). Other ideas might be create special terrain rules (automated defence turrets, poison gas vents etc that activate at random for instance). Sides could also be given secret objectives (destroy a specific enemy unit, capture and hold a piece of terrain) given at random. By achieving these goals extra victory points would be given when calculating the winners.

That just a few random thoughts. Any other ideas on sides, points totals, special rules etc?

AoP
agentofping
agentofping
VETERAN

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

40K Big Game/Team-Up Empty Re: 40K Big Game/Team-Up

Post by Mykilus 6th May 2009, 09:23

we could let Simon unleash the full force of his guard ..
Titan`s,tanks, Artillary and gunships......
Maybe not

Myke
Mykilus
Mykilus
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by agentofping 6th May 2009, 18:01

I might also be a cool to have a lot of buildings, maybe the edge of a city with some open ground at on end and then a more built up area at the other. Get a bit of a city fight going on - then we might get some use of the true LOS rules.

AoP
agentofping
agentofping
VETERAN

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

40K Big Game/Team-Up Empty Big Battle

Post by Digger 6th May 2009, 18:06

A combined Ork, Necron, Tau and Tyranid army against the Imperial Guard, I might be up for that, especially if its in a city scape!
Digger
Digger
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Mykilus 7th May 2009, 05:07

Hear`s an idea based on what i know Simon has,

`Wolf in a Lair`
The setup is a Wolfhound scout titan has become imobalised near the edge of the city, You could have the besiged guard trying to defend it from the opposing forces while they try to get it operational, or perhaps you could flip it and have it that it has been captured and the guard are trying to get it back.

what the point value would be and what forces we would use we would need to work out,

Myke
Mykilus
Mykilus
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

40K Big Game/Team-Up Empty Wolf's Lair

Post by Thunderfists 7th May 2009, 06:22

Let me know what the points are and I will work out an army.

Should be able to do 4000+ without killing myself painting.

As for scenery, I have loads and can use nost of it in 40K.

Simon

Thunderfists
EXTRA

Back to top Go down

Post by agentofping 7th May 2009, 18:16

Nice. I think that it depends on what type of game people want to play. I think the scenario that you are proposing above would suit two armies, rather than an assortment of forces. Only you and Myke have the required figures. The team up forces don't really make sense from a story perspective and were just an excuse to have a big(ish) game.

So why don't we do both? Though probably not on the same day. The 'Hunt the Wolfhound' scenario; Guard (and maybe a single squad of Space Marines) against...? Tau or a vast ork horde - that could be fun, I have a new respect for the greenskins after the weekend. And the team up event; a straight battle with a few twists and tweaks to make it more interesting.

AoP
agentofping
agentofping
VETERAN

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

40K Big Game/Team-Up Empty 40K

Post by Digger 8th May 2009, 00:42

Sounds good to me Agent! :-)

D.
Digger
Digger
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by scarab 13th May 2009, 04:35

wait a minute the necron need neither friends nor allies (cue metallic evil laugh).

if the oppertunity arises i should be able to field a 1000+ army in various painting stages , and would be pretty cool to see the full might of a necron phalanx take to the field ,

ben
also i have a space marine force/inquisitor force at my disposal as well
scarab
scarab
NOVICE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down